The R2A launch at #DigitalFinanceFuture Convening Series hosted by Meridian International and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation:
The Panel: “RegTech for Regulators - Reimagining Financial Supervision and Policymaking”
The panel will launch the RegTech for Regulators Accelerator (R2A), a program that supervisors and regulators could engage with to accelerate the development of technologies to improve the supervision of the expanding digital finance sector and policy analysis. R2A also announced the three financial autority partners today.
The panel is one part of a larger event that will be live streamed via Facebook Live at the Meridian International Center in Washington, D.C.
With an introduction by:
- Gloria Steele, Acting AA, USAID
- Pia Roman, Director, Inclusive Finance Advocacy, and co-Head, Financial Consumer Protection Department, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (R2A partner financial authority)
- [TBC] Prof. Benno Ndulu, Governor, Bank of Tanzania, and Chair, AFI Steering Committee
- Kabir Kumar, Director of Policy and Ecosystem Building (R2A sponsor)
- Michael Wiegand, Director of Financial Services for the Poor, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (R2A sponsor)
Moderated by Simone di Castri, Director, Policy and Ecosystem Development, BFA (R2A Project Director)