For Financial Authorities
How will R2A support financial authorities?
R2A is designed to be both customizable and adaptable to the specific context and needs of the partner financial authorities. R2A aims to help address key regulatory and supervisory pain points identified by the partner financial authorities by providing financial support, technical expertise and peer-learning opportunities.
How can an interested financial authority engage with R2A?
Emerging market financial authorities can work with R2A in two ways:
- R2A partner: Financial authorities who are interested in partnering with R2A to prototype a RegTech for Regulators solution can apply to become an R2A Partner. We are seeking financial authorities that can commit to dedicating the necessary time and internal resources to identify a use case, test a RegTech prototype solution and champion this approach.
- Join our learning network: Financial authorities can stay up-to-date on lessons learned through the R2A by subscribing to receive updates, obtain notifications of upcoming briefings and connect with participating financial authorities through peer-learning opportunities.
Please contact R2A@bfaglobal.com for more information.
What resources will R2A contribute to the project?
R2A will contribute the following resources:
- Technical specialists with expertise in financial regulation, supervision and the use of artificial intelligence and other technologies to work with partner financial authorities and innovators, both remotely and through periodic country visits.
- A local project manager to work with partner financial authorities on a part-time basis to ensure effective support throughout implementation.
- Peer learning opportunities (both in-person and online) with a cohort of financial authorities, expert fintech advisors and other selected stakeholders in the emerging RegTech community.
What resources are partner financial authorities expected to contribute to the project?
Partner financial authorities are expected to contribute the following resources:
- An executive champion at the Deputy Governor level to act as Project Sponsor. The Project Sponsor will advise on the project’s strategic direction and sign off on major milestones.
- A senior officer to act as Project Lead. The Project Lead will serve as the partner financial authority’s project manager for facilitating day-to-day project activities.
- Other staff time as required for active participation in key R2A decisions, such as defining a use case and selecting/engaging with an innovator.